A Quick Word

"In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism." -Hannah Arendt (1906-1975)

15 September 2009

From a cafe on Neil.

If you read this-- and feel so inclined-- you can comment on it, even if you don't have a blogger account. Just letting you know. I don't want to resort to Facebook notes again, and so I tell you this in hopes that I can reach a vocal readership without having to tag people. Anyway...

I'm learning about the topography of life-- namely, that there are hills, valleys, mountains, and canyons, and that plateaus are only for those ignorant of the sudden drop that exists a few miles ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely, and true, as always. How do you come up with these deep philosophical insights again? Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I detect sarcasm, dear lady? Perhaps if your motives are true, I will divulge my secrets. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarcasm? Not I, most esteemed sir. Only an innocent inquiry into the mind of a very perspicacious fellow. I assure you, my motives cannot never be false in concern to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete