A Quick Word

"In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism." -Hannah Arendt (1906-1975)

18 March 2010

Been well, thanks.

I am now one exam away from Spring Break 2010, and, I have to admit, my mind is fighting to be one step ahead of me. Ha. But I have put in some serious study hours for this test (about nine over the past two days), so if I do poorly, it will be from inattentiveness rather than lack of preparation. Prō certō, dē Latinā est. (I think that was right...)

This time tomorrow, I will be preparing to leave for Nashville/Franklin, which will mark the first time I've been back since leaving last year for my parent's house outside Chicago. I'm sure I'll get a bit emotional; it's just been that kind of year. That's not to say, however, that I'm not enjoying my life here in Champaign. On the contrary, I am absolutely LOVING being at the U of I. I genuinely feel that this is the school I am meant to attend. But I grew up in Nashville. I lived there for 75% of my total lifespan. It is a special place to me, and I cannot express how excited I am to be returning for a week. Nashville was chosen over Cancun as our family's Spring Break vacation destination, if that tells you anything about our desire to go back for a bit. Ha. So, in honor of the occasion, I am drinking my coffee out of my Bongo Java mug this morning.

A more disturbing bit of news: my hair is definitely on its way out. Every day when I look in  the mirror I notice I look more and more like Jude Law, which is the first time in history I have ever NOT wanted to look like Jude Law.




No comments:

Post a Comment