A Quick Word

"In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism." -Hannah Arendt (1906-1975)

08 February 2010

Not doing so well on updates, am I?

After pledging that I would keep this blog up-to-date, life got the better of me, and my posts tapered off. But alas! One should not fear-- I'll be posting on here whether anyone reads it or not! (Wait... that doesn't sound very appealing.)

This past weekend was Intervarsity's Winter Retreat. I had an amazing time, and it was a privilege to serve on the worship team (felt like old times, actually)! I have been completely stunned by everyone's kindness to me. They have accepted me into the fold to the point that I feel I have known many of them for much longer than I actually have. I deeply respect the Illinois chapter of IV for truly living out their faith, lending practical application to something that can often exist solely as a closed social club for Jesus.

Also, the Saints first Super Bowl victory was much deserved. I felt sad for Peyton Manning, but he'll get another turn next year, as he always does. Plus, the Saints played a great game-- nothing was handed to them-- and for all that they represent for the city of New Orleans, it was a victory that meant so much more than a shiny trophy and a trip to Disney World. Geaux Saints.

And finally, my Fighting Illini pulled off a spectacular win against Michigan State on Saturday. ESPN Gameday was on hand, the country was watching, and (for the first time in my short career here) we did not disappoint! GO ILLINI.

No comments:

Post a Comment