A Quick Word

"In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism." -Hannah Arendt (1906-1975)

08 July 2010

There is no time for updating when life is going on.

Though my absence from this blog may suggest otherwise, I actually have much to tell. More has happened in these past weeks than (arguably) at any other time in my life; I have plumbed the depths of disbelief and relished the surest faith, I have contemplated and considered, I have run there and back, I have asked and answered, and in so doing have come to a wonderful understanding of the powerful implications held in the word "vocation." It is this last bit which has transformed me most. Yet it is also this last bit which I feel least comfortable divulging within this blog (at least, not yet).

I will say only this: I was both right and wrong when it came to my stubborn insistence regarding my career. It has become both more and less.

I know that being cryptic is irritating, so I will stop. Just know that what has taken place these past weeks has changed me forever, and is perhaps the culmination of a journey that began 7 July 2007 at a very late hour in my pool in Franklin. I will divulge more as I feel it appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment